Most of the time, students are afraid of failing in the exams. But there are few exams that people are scared of even taking these exams!
It is also because of the difficulty level. One of such exam is GMAT that is graduate management admission test. This exam is taken up by the fresh graduates to get admission in the business schools in or outside India. This exam tests the general aptitude of candidates. For instance, it probes the mathematical ability, verbal skills and analytical writing.
Every year hundreds of candidates take up this exam that raises its competitiveness. It is a time-based test with a negative marking that means there are deduction 0.25 marks for every wrong answer. Therefore, every response should be marked carefully to avoid negative marking.
The most scoring subject is always mathematics as if you practice it well it guarantees you full marks. However, you cannot depend on any single section or topic as the holistic marks calculated to form result.
Therefore you need to be better in all the sections of this exam. So you have to prepare yourself accordingly. Following steps can be practiced to have better GMAT score:
- Chalk out a strategy to cover the entire syllabus before the exam.
- Stick to your plan and review your study by taking a regular mock test.
- You have to analyze the mock test yourself and see which is your the strongest and the weakest point.
- Once you found out your weak point, and then start working sincerely towards it to improve it. For instance, if you have the weak quantitative aptitude, then you should see the topics that you are good at and also the dark spot of your preparation. When you should work on to refine your performance.
- You can take help from an online educator’s all the other materials present on the internet as they are free and easily accessible.
- Most of the time, students could not perform better even after practising for months is because, in the exam hall, they have to deal with exam pressure. Many candidates fail to bear mental-pressure that reflects in degraded performance ultimately affects their result adversely.
- The mock test helps you to build your mental stamina.
- You can make a list of your favourite universities in front of yourself to keep you motivated in your preparation.
- For a better score in analytical writing, you must practice two to three essays daily and get it checked by a teacher or just self evaluate it on various standards of a model essay.
- The biggest mistakes that students commit in the preparation is they try to memorize all the GMAT preparation words given in the textbooks materials provided by the coaching centres. It is an absolute wrong practice. Because this makes them know the meaning, but they do understand its context of use. Reading books, novels, newspapers are the best way to build vocabulary.
Preparation done with considering these points will help one score better in the exam get in their dream university.