The winter fashion trend is not only about the bulky and heavyweight sweaters and jackets, there are classy and sophisticated shawls as well. And when we are talking about the shawls, there is no scope for missing out the Pashmina Shawls. It is the treasured item of the closet that people love to showcase years after years.
The graceful aging of the Pashmina Shawls products has made it a family heirloom that everyone loves to cherish. If you can maintain and care for the Shawl in the right way, it will not only retain the grace but also becomes softer with time.
However, many people are still scared to invest in Shawls. The prime reason is that they think that this expensive piece of garment will be very tough to maintain and care for. On the other hand, it is completely opposite and people can easily do that by following certain care tips.
Care for Shawls is not a daunting task. However, you need to be just a little careful about that. There are some dos’ and don’ts that you need to follow strictly.
Here are 5 ways you can care for your precious shawl and flaunt them without any worry for years.
- The Pashmina thread is made of natural hair of a special breed of goat. As there is no blending of synthetic fiber, the fabric may get affected during any harsh treatment. So, never machine wash or dry Pashmina Shawls as it may destroy the fabric. The high-speed spinning is not good for this delicate fabric. You should not use the dryer either for the same reason.
- The natural fabric is very sensitive to chemicals as well. So, it is strictly advised not to use any harsh chemicals on the fabric. For example, you should not use bleach while washing Cashmere. In fact, you don’t need any fancy and expensive chemical cleaner specially manufactured for luxurious clothes. As the Pashmina is a completely natural material, you should not dry wash it as well.
- So, if you are wondering how you should wash the shawl, then you don’t need to worry. You just need a bucket, water in room temperature, and a bottle of mild or baby shampoo. As we know that already, Pashmina is the natural hair of the goat, shampoo is the best cleaner of this material. Moreover, it will make the shawl softer and shiner as well. You must avoid the use of hot water for washing and use only water of normal temperature.
- Don’t sundry the Pashmina shawl as it will harm the texture. You can air dry it but remember never hand it from somewhere. You can use a towel and spread the shawl over it and let it air dry in shade.
- Before storing the shawl, make sure that there will be no trace of moisture in it. Use cotton or tissue bag to store it. The place must be moisture-free otherwise there may be the attack of moth and other insects.